Nurture Learning Support Assistants
Nurture Learning Support Assistants required from September 2018
Fixed Term Contract to 24th July 2019 in the first instance with the possibility of the post being made permanent in the future.
Hours: 32.5 hrs (8am- 3.30pm/ 8.30- 3.30) Term time +1.
We are looking to appoint two Nurture Learning Support Assistants to work alongside our team to support our children to achieve and thrive in our academy. One of these positions would encompass supporting children in our Breakfast Club which starts at 8am.
We are looking for two people who can demonstrate:
- good Literacy, Numeracy and IT skills
- ability to work as part of a team, taking direction or being proactive as appropriate.
- effective inter-personal skills to develop positive, professional relationships with pupils, staff and parents.
- a desire to constantly improve their own practice.
- a positive attitude and flexible working approach.
- an understanding of the principles of nurture
Ideally candidates will have
- an NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification.
- experience of supporting groups of pupils on targeted intervention
- experience of working and supporting children with Social, Emotional and Behavioural needs.
Wayland Junior Academy is part of the Transforming Education in Norfolk (TEN) group. We are a friendly school situated in the popular growing market town of Watton. There are 274 children on roll from years 3 to 6 with a growing demographic.
Ofsted recognised (January 2017) the significant improvements that we have made.
We can offer:
• a friendly, welcoming, enthusiastic and committed staff team
• fantastic children who are keen to learn
• commitment to CPD and professional development.
• the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment both within the academy and also as part of the TEN group which includes institutions from primary through to further education
• a happy and positive working environment
Closing Date: 9am Friday the 20th of July
Interviews: likely to be Monday the 23rd of July.
Our academy is committed to safeguarding young people and expects all who work at the academy to share this commitment. All applicants to this post will be subject to further safeguarding checks, including a full Disclosure and Barring Service check for the candidate appointed.
‘This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.’