Chef de Partie
The Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire are looking for a Chef de Partie to supervise and oversee the preparation of breakfast, lunch, and dinner food items per guest orders or as assigned by kitchen management in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintain a safe, sanitary work environment.
- Participate in the preparation of food items according to guest orders of consistent quality following recipe cards, as well as production, portion, and presentation standards; complete mis en place and set-up station for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner service.
- Train, motivate, recommend discipline, and supervise the work of kitchen employees ensuring that all cultural and core standards are met.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen equipment, including deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, and flat top grill.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per policies, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures; check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up; note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages; return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables; assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per policies.
- NVQ level 3 in Catering or equivalent
- Advanced culinary knowledge is expected for this position.
- Previous supervisory experience is required.
- Ability to operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, flat top grill. Proficient knife skills and ability to multi-task.
- Be a champion of the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
- Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to learn, grow and develop
- Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work
- Derive a sense of pride in work well done
- Be recognized for excellence