Lecturer - ESOL
The ESOL department at Milton Keynes College are looking for an innovative and inspirational lecturer to join the team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the ESOL department at Milton Keynes College. As a lecturer within the ESOL team, you would be teaching full time 14 – 19 year olds who wish to improve their English and maths skills. You will be creative in planning your teaching, using a variety of innovative and captivating resources whilst being able to deliver in an enthusiastic and inspirational manner.
The successful candidate will support the team to deliver a full time study programme including ESOL, Entry level Maths, Employability, ICT and Tutorials. Students in the provision range from Pre Entry to Level One.
More about the rewards
- Up to 35 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays
- Amazing discounts with NUS card , ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
- Access to Teachers Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Tax free child care scheme
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
- Plus many more…
Hours: 18.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: £18,015 - £33,232 pro rata
Closing date: Monday 23rd July 2018
Location: Chaffron Way Campus
Interview date: TBC
As the successful candidate for the position, you will possess the following essential knowledge, skills and experience;
- Hold a general teaching qualification e.g. PGCE, Dttls
- Hold an ESOL specific teaching qualification e.g. CELTA, DELTA, TEFL
- Hold a degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of teaching accredited ESOL qualifications across a range of abilities, including supporting students from deprived backgrounds
- Be confident to deliver Entry Level ICT and Maths
- Knowledge of current relevant initiatives within FE, and the vocational area of responsibility
- Ability to establish appropriate relationships with challenging young people and adults and be a positive role model
- A strong awareness and understanding of equal opportunities and the ability to translate these into effective actions
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work with a wide range of partners, both external and within the College
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- The ability to work on own initiative to find creative solutions to problems
- Ability to stay calm and work effectively under pressure including handling difficult situations diplomatically
More about the CollegeMilton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.