Qualified Social Worker – Child Protection, Hospital Social Work Team – Oxford, Oxfordshire
3D Recruit looking for an experienced Social Worker to work in a Frontline Assessment Team/Child Protection based in John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxfordshire. Pay rate: up to £36ph
About the role:
Frontline assessment team based in a busy hospital. Assessment team with a focus on pre-birth assessments and referrals from Paediatrics including non-accidental injuries and child protection concerns.
- Post holders will deal with all enquiries and referrals to the John Radcliffe hospital team, according to the Threshold of Needs Matrix, undertaking assessments of children and families in need and holding case responsibility until such time as the case is closed, referred to another agency, progressed as a Child In Need or transferred under Child Protection planning or following legal proceedings.
- Post holders will be key workers for unborn babies subject to a Child Protection Plan or allocated workers for CLA (post assessment) for short periods pending transfer to appropriate long-term teams.
- Providing a social work service to Paediatrics and Maternity, the latter includes undertaking pre-birth (and occasionally post-birth) assessments on parents whose history, behaviour and current circumstances raise concern for the welfare and safety of their babies.
- Respond to referrals from Paediatric wards and units including undertaking child protection investigations on children presented to the Accident and Emergency department or admitted with suspected non-accidental injuries or other forms of abuse/neglect requiring assessment. This work will also involve provision of a social work service to families whose children (in-patients) have more complex health/medical needs including children who self harm and/or who have disabilities.
- Provide a Duty Service to patients of the JR/Oxford Children’s hospital and their families (children & unborn babies) dealing with enquiries, consultations and providing emergency cover of open cases to other teams when the Social Worker/ Team Manager is unavailable.
- 2 years post qualifying experience
- Qualified Social Worker BA/DipSW/CQSW or equivalent
- Current registration with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Pay rate: up to £36ph
- Whist we would like a full-time social worker, we would be happy to consider 30 hour post and can be flexible about days worked. Some work can be done from home but worker would need to be in the office 3 days a week
- In-house payroll company that prides itself on paying our locums on time
- Your own dedicated consultant who will support you in finding a suitable role
- We offer a £200 refer a friend/colleague bonus *
Apply now or get in touch for more information; 01296 826120 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
(*Terms and Conditions apply. For more information please get in touch).