Residential care manager job in Torquay. Level 5 or equivalent qualified is essential. £30,000 to £33,000 pa.
Full time permanent registered managers job in Torquay.
£30,014 to £33,229
Closing Date: 16/07/2018
Interviews: 23rd and 24th July
Must have recognised Level 5 in Health and Social care (or recognised equivalent) to gain CQC registered managers /fit person status and also have substantial management experience within the adult learning disability sector
Your new company
Established in 1996, by a group of parents and teachers determined to make a difference to the lives of families with children with learning difficulties, the charity has grown to include adult and children's services. Lifeworks supports children and young adults across various settings in the South West including children and adult residential homes, a college of further education, over-night short breaks and community projects. Providing people with the skills and support necessary to live an independent, 'ordinary' and fulfilling life, the organisation prides itself on their person-centred ethos and ambition for those that use their services and being an employer of choice .
Your new role
As the registered manager of a CQC registered 4 bed residential home for young adults with learning difficulties and associated needs you will report directly to the operations director and be responsible for all leadership and management of the home . You will inspire, motivate, support and lead from the front. Gain the respect and confidence of the residents, their families, staff and wider system stakeholders and show a person centred value base alongside a culture of effective performance management, compliance and accountability. You will be ambitious for each and every resident and lead and drive Sesame to be an 'Outstanding' provider . You will be responsible for all aspects of resources management including Human Resources, financial management, building, equipment and premises, ensuring maximum occupancy levels and effective budget control and monitoring.
What you'll need to succeed
- Level 5 in Health and Social care is essential for registered managers status. Those without the relevant qualifications or recognised equivalent will not be considered.
- Full and thorough understanding of Health and Safety regulations, Health and social care act, Care act and CQC framework are also essential to the role.
- Strong leadership experience and drive to succeed must be evident in references and work history
- Ability to asses and evaluate service user needs as well as staff delivery to provide care to the highest of standards with safeguarding and equality at the heart of your day to day running of the home.
- Flexibility to adapt to the changing nature of the residential social care sector, learning disability beat practices and needs of the home and/or Lifeworks.
- Strong understanding of safeguarding and social care compliance to support the central HR and finance teams
- Management /supervisory experience of working within the learning disability sector
What you'll get in return
Lifeworks offers exceptional rates of pay starting at level C13, £30,014.11 increasing to C16, £33,229.91 with clear targets and goals agreed to support you in your career and practices. Ongoing training, CPD and support and opportunities to work alongside other service management colleagues on organisational wide developments and initiatives as well as full training on standard company systems to manage rotas and timetabling. Lifeworks is a well-recognised charity and has ambitious plans to continue to develop and diversify and reach more children and adults and their families . It is an exciting time to be joining us.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.