Team Manager (Qualified Social Worker) – Looked After Children Team – Thurrock, Essex
3D Recruit are looking for an experienced Team Manager to join a Looked After Children Team based in Thurrock, Essex
About the role:
- To create smooth and effective systems to ensure processes are followed correctly, eg - permanency planning, ensuring statutory visits are not out of timescales, review decisions, case transfer, mentoring, court & child protection procedures are followed correctly.
- Manage the day to day operations of the team, including deputising in their absence, providing a social work service of assessment, care planning, child protection and key working within the scope of the Children Act 1989 and related legislation.
- Recruit, motivate, train and develop staff within Council procedures.
- Undertake development activities required for own development and experience e.g. court work, child protection, adoption and fostering, with the aim of increasing their professional knowledge and experience.
- Ensure the provision of an effective service to local people by maintaining high standards of professional practice and adopting a positive approach to the full involvement of service users and carers in assessment and care planning processes
- Qualified Social Worker BA/DipSW/CQSW or equivalent
- Current registration with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- 4 years PQ LA experience
- Must be a car driver
- In depth experience in a social care field with a particular emphasis on Safeguarding and Child Protection.
- LAC experience
- Team Manager with experience in managing a Social work team working with looked after children including Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children. Adoption & permanency planning & experience of managing care proceedings
- Your own dedicated consultant who will support you in finding a suitable role
- We offer a £200 refer a friend/colleague bonus *
Apply now or get in touch for more information; 01296 826120 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
(*Terms and Conditions apply. For more information please get in touch).