RMN (Registered Mental Health Nurse)
The job involves assessment of patients' needs, maintenance and the provision of medical and nursing care to patients, including management of all mental health requirements. Implement and update care plan records.
Duties of the job include;
• Assessing and planning nursing care requirements;
• Providing pre- and post-operation care;
• Knowledge of dementia care and other complex mental health needs. Knowledge on how to
manage and de-escalate situations that may arise due to living with these conditions.
• Monitoring and administering medication and intravenous infusions;
• Taking patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures;
• Writing records;
• Supervising junior staff; Organising workloads;
• Providing emotional support to patients and relatives. To be empathetic to the needs of others.
• Good health and fitness;
• Caring, compassionate and empathetic nature;
• Excellent team work and people’s skills;
• Observational skills;
• Ability to use initiative;
• Ability to deal with emotionally charged and pressured situations;
• Verbal and written communication skills;
Twenty-four-hour shift work can be a requirement of the job. Duties also include:
• Assisting and Caring for Others - Providing personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as co-workers, customers, or patients;
• Documenting/Recording Information - Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining
information in written or electronic/magnetic form;
• Getting Information - Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources;
• Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge -Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job;
• Organising, Planning, and Prioritising Work - Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organise, and accomplish your work;
• Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events - Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
The post-holder is required to familiarise themselves with all policies and procedures and to comply with these at all times. Too ensure that all required training is kept up-to-date and that such training given is followed and adhered to. To work within the NMC Code of Practice Guidelines.
Failure to comply with any of these policies may result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal. These have been agreed with staff and Staff Side and are as follows;
• Treat others as you would like to be treated;
• Listen to and support others and make time to do so;
• Seek, acknowledge and value others’ experience and contribution;
• Acknowledge others’ beliefs;
• Be courteous and considerate to all;
• Treat others fairly and equally;
• Be honest and trustworthy and act with integrity;
• Encourage others to treat all staff with respect;
• Challenge the behaviour of staff who do not show respect to other.
CONFIDENTIALITY & DATA PROTECTION
The post-holder must maintain the confidentiality of information about patients, staff and other health service business and meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act (1998) at all times. The post-holder must comply with all company Information and Data Protection policies at all times.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Employees must be aware of the responsibilities placed on them under the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and any subsequent relevant legislation and must follow these in full at all times including ensuring that they act in line with all agreed procedures at all times in order to maintain a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff. Failure to comply with these policies may result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal.
The company has an agreed policy & procedure which links with a range of services and arrangements for staff to manage stress. All staff are required to familiarise themselves with the policy and services to best manage their own and their colleagues’ stress.
HEALTHCARE ASSOCIATED INFECTIONS (HCAIs)
All staff has a responsibility to act and follow all instructions to protect patients, staff and others from HCAIs. All staff are required to follow the Hygiene Code and all company policies and procedures related to it and the Health Act 2006. Failure to comply with any of these may result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal.
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY
The company has adopted a Managing Staff Diversity Strategy & Policy covering all of its staff and it is the responsibility of all staff to comply with these requirements at all times. The key responsibilities for staff under this Strategy and Policy are set out in the Code of Conduct for Employees. Failure to comply with these policies may result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal.
This job description is intended to provide a broad outline of the main responsibilities only. The post-holder is required to be flexible in developing their role in agreement with their designated manager. In addition, they may be required by their manager to carry out any other duty commensurate with their banding and expertise.
Minimum 2 years of experience as a registered mental health nurse.
• NMC Registered
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £20.00 to £24.00 /hour