Sobell House Hospice are looking for a Fundraising Assistant to support the work of our small but successful fundraising team. This role will provide essential support for the team, and is a great opportunity to gain experience across a range of fundraising streams.
You will be the first point of contact for our supporter’s phone and email enquiries. You’ll help to create our supporter communications by sourcing stories and content to tell our supporters about, and you’ll be responsible for managing our social media channels. You will process donations, and assist the wider team with fundraising tasks. We’ll provide training and assistance to the chosen candidate to support their personal development.
Sobell House is Oxfordshire’s largest hospice, and provides high quality end of life care to those who need it, while always striving to enrich the lives of our patients and those who love and care for them. It’s a really friendly and positive place to work, and you will be joining the organisation as we start to build the new Sobell Clinic and Garden Annex to provide additional care facilities, as well as some new, bright and lovely offices for the charity team right on the Churchill Hospital site in Oxford.
Fundraising, Communications and Supporter care
● Be the first point of call for phone and email enquiries, whilst delivering excellent supporter care.
● Coordinate our social media marketing activity.
● Source and produce content and stories to share with our supporters to tell them about our work.
● Support with the creation of Sobell House supporter communications such as emails.
● Work on and champion initiatives which make our supporters feel valued and appreciated.
● Support the team to deliver fundraising activities, such as challenge events, community events and fundraising appeals.
● Thank supporters when they make a donation.
● Assist with the management of our fundraising volunteers.
Donation processing & data management
● Process donations and input fundraising data to our database (Raiser's Edge) in a timely and accurate manner.
● Review and update our database records to ensure accuracy and integrity of data.
● Run data selections for the fundraising team.
● Use our database to monitor income.
From time to time you may be required to attend fundraising events outside of normal working hours.
● Passion to make a difference, and commitment to the values of Sobell House
● A good performance ethic, driven and motivated towards the achievement of targets
● Ability to put the supporter at the centre of everything we do, providing them with the best possible experience
● Good interpersonal skills – the ability to show care and compassion and a positive attitude to people
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Excellent attention to detail
● Strong IT skills, in particular Excel
● Ability to follow and design administrative systems
● Good organisation skills, the ability to prioritise your workload and to meet deadlines
● Experience of fundraising in either a formal or informal setting
● Experience of using Raisers Edge or another CRM database
● Experience of volunteering or managing volunteers in a charity context