Medical Doctor - PIP Disability Analyst - Chelmsford
Medical Doctor, PIP Disability Analyst in Chelmsford
Starting Salary: £72,000 + generous benefits package + overtime opportunities
Flexible contracts available: Full time, part time from three week days per week
If you're an ambitious doctor looking to make a positive career change, it's time to consider a forward-thinking company that's dedicated to excellence and continuous improvement.
Working at Independent Assessment Services is both challenging and rewarding. Your clinical knowledge and skills will be broadened in a non-clinical environment, whilst giving you flexible hours and a better work/life balance. And you'll not just see big changes to your career and lifestyle; you'll also get to use your clinical expertise in a new, objective way.
What's on offer:
- You will be producing health and disability functional assessments following face-to-face consultations with claimants on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) . You will use your existing clinical knowledge, and newly acquired skills following a comprehensive training package, to determine how a person's health condition or disability is impacting their daily life, recognising that individuals with similar medical problems may be affected in different ways.
- Following the face to face assessment, you will write a detailed, objective report for the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), who then make a decision on the person's PIP
- You will embark on a comprehensive induction programme and receive coaching, mentoring and day-to-day support from your colleagues throughout your training and beyond.
- Due to the broad range of conditions and disabilities you will encounter, each day will be different and varied. There are clear prospects for career advancement and professional development with your existing clinical knowledge being enhanced through the varied nature of the role. There may be opportunities to expand your role into areas such as mentoring, quality audit, training or clinical management.
- You will predominately be based at a local Consultation Centre, but there will be a requirement to undertake some consultations in claimant's homes which will involve travel.
- . A full driving license is also essential for locations outside of London.
The skills you'll develop, the work/life balance you'll achieve and the people you'll help are only a small part of the appeal of working with Independent Assessment Services. Here are some of the key benefits you'll receive:
- Private medical insurance, life assurance, medical indemnity, health screening pension
- Excellent work-life balance - Monday to Friday with no nights, weekends or bank holidays required
- Overtime opportunities
- Fantastic prospects for promotion and professional growth
- GMC fee reimbursement
- CPD and revalidation support with protected and varied training on a regular basis
- 25 days of annual leave with an option to buy additional annual leave days, or sell some back
While the role is autonomous, you will have the advantage of being able to share knowledge with a team of doctors, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, paramedics and nurses from the fields of mental health, general nursing and learning disabilities.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have full unconditional registration with the GMC and have a license to practice. A minimum of two years post-registration experience (post FY1) within a range of clinical settings is required
If you're ready to make a change, please contact sjb medical on [... Click Apply...]for an informal discussion, email or apply online.