Senior Planning Officers
*plus market forces supplement of £3,000 pa.
We also offer flexible working options, generous leave entitlement, access to the Suffolk Green Travel Plan, essential car allowance and pension scheme.
37 hours per week but part-time hours will be considered.
All roles are permanent, but temporary work may be accommodated.
Is it time for a change? Are you looking for the opportunity to rise to new challenges and really influence how our communities develop?
The 'Heart of Suffolk' is blessed with a beautiful natural environment and vibrant communities. Our offices in Ipswich are conveniently located and offer great transport connections to Cambridge, Norwich and London. If you are looking for that ideal work-life balance, then Babergh and Mid Suffolk Councils is the right organisation for you.
Do you want to be part of a great team? We have adjusted our structures to allow us to deliver an ambitious, new Joint Local Plan, and to play our full part in a whole Suffolk based approach to creating inclusive growth; this has created the opportunity for internal promotions.
We are now seeking motivated and talented individuals who care about the future of our communities and have the desire and skills to balance the need for growth, whilst preserving what is unique about our district, to join our team.
Applications are welcome from candidates with either a general degree, along with some planning or community experience, or a master's degree who will bring a wealth of relevant experience with them.
What will be expected of you?
The job is varied and comprises different elements which include (but are not limited to):
* the planning decision-making process, reflecting the unique nature of the districts and how we work with our communities
* ensuring that we continue to improve the quality of new developments being built locally, in terms of design and sustainability, as well as the opportunities we take to deliver improvements to infrastructure and facilities of benefit to local communities
* providing expert advice on all planning and associated matters in committee and appeal settings, and represent both councils at a parish and town council level on the implementation of spatial planning decision-making and development management
* the opportunity to help bring forward strategic and other significant sites, which will help us to deliver inclusive growth
* to actively support and drive corporate and service improvement projects as part of the ongoing transformation programme.
* support and funding towards professional qualifications
* a career path within our Development Management service
* the opportunity to influence how our communities develop
* mentoring and learning from experienced team members.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Closing date: 9 August 2018.