2 days left
- Full Time
We're on the hunt for a passionate and driven Web Developer to join our team and write top quality code for our websites and mobile apps. You will be part of a very exciting team that is looking to grow and develop the mumsnet product embracing new technology to make sure we remain the no.1 place for parents online.
What you will do:
- Write Ruby on Rails and Java code;
- Design the technical architecture of the features you will develop;
- Plan and estimate development work;
- Work with our product team to provide a technical viewpoint in the product development process;
- Peer review and quality check work to make sure we have beautifully crafted code;.
- Work with our full stack development team to develop your coding abilities.
- Be part in making decisions that will shape how the site will go forward technically;
- We have a big emphasis on learning, if you have a new technology we agree could help us, we’ll help you learn it.
What you must have:
- A degree in a computer science or related field;
- 3+ years experience Ruby on Rails code gained through employment;
- 1+ years experience in Java code gained through employment;
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming and related design patterns;
- Experience developing websites and Rest APIs;
- A drive to deliver high quality, right first time code;
- A passion for technology across the full stack;
- Experience working with : Git / Mac OS / Linux.
- Experience of HAML SaSS, Bootstrap.
It’d be nice if you had
- Experience using NodeJS;
- Experience of Devops, using AWS and Docker;
- Familiarity with templating frameworks: Velocity;
- Experience of React.
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 17 odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'. We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. For more about our equality and diversity policy, see here. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club a football and netball team, plus there’s babyfoot; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
Want to know more?
Introducing Mumsnet: Our Culture - our new guide to what it's like to work at Mumsnet. Read about our mission, our vision, our values and the behaviours we expect of the people who work at Mumsnet,
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with the following:
- A covering letter that summarises your suitability for this role and your awareness of Mumsnet;
- and your CV;
- and links to your portfolio.
Please note that if your application does not include all the above items, it will not go forward for consideration.
Deadline for applications is: 31st of July. We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don’t delay in applying!