Tax Manager, Tax Centre of Excellence – Part-Time
What we do?
KPMG's Tax Centre of Excellence sits within the central Tax team and carries out the vast majority of the tax compliance work across the whole UK Firm and comprises over 300 qualified tax compliance experts and supporting staff. The compliance work carried out by the Tax Centre of Excellence covers Corporate Tax, Global Mobility Services, Private Client and Transfer Pricing.
Our vision is to become the most respected compliance team in the UK and help our clients cope with their rapidly changing tax compliance needs. We operate from our offices in Glasgow, Manchester and Birmingham, but also employ a large number of remote workers across the UK, who take advantage of our Intelligent Working options.
We have invested heavily in our Tax Centre of Excellence and this has allowed it to grow and expand at a rapid rate as well as take on more work from across the firm, giving you the opportunity to develop your tax compliance skills and career in an innovative and supportive environment
What you’ll be doing
- Maintain a portfolio of clients and take responsibility for ensuring their tax computations are prepared to a high standard
- Oversee the work of Assistant Managers, providing coaching and technical guidance
- Identify and resolve technical issues and preparing technical analysis
- Work with client administrators to ensure risk procedures are completed
- Potential visits to clients/ local offices when appropriate
What we are looking for?
- Applications from those qualified by experience, as well as ATT / CTA / ACA or equivalent qualifications
- Experience of manager level review of corporate tax computations and returns
- Experience of specific technical areas including
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience of managing and / or coaching junior staff
- Excellent team work, management and organisational skills
Why join us?
Support from day one. We expect a lot from you, but you can expect as much in return. From Intelligent Working and Employee Networks to great rewards and benefits, Our Deal sets out all the ways you’ll be recognised for your efforts. We’ll also have regular, honest conversations about your career.
Diverse perspectives. Diverse challenges demand wide-reaching perspectives. That’s one of the reasons why we’re so passionate about attracting, developing and retaining the best talent from all backgrounds. We’re proud of the value we place on individuality and we’ll empower you to bring your full self to work; to help maximise your true potential.
What we’re part of?
KPMG in the UK is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax, Consulting and Deal Advisory services. Through the talent of over 14,000 colleagues, we bring our imagination and insight to our clients’ most critical issues.
What to do next?
Live our values and embrace our quality-first culture, and we’ll give you what you need to take your career from success to success.