Return to Social Work Programme
Experienced children’s social worker?
Had a career break?
Looking to return to work?
The D2N2 Social Work Teaching Partnership, operating across Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire, is currently considering the roll-out of a “Return to Social Work” programme across the two counties – aimed at experienced Children’s Social Workers who have been out of practice for a few years, and who would like to return.
We realise that it’s a challenge to secure your HCPC registration when you’ve been out of practice for a number of years and our returners programme would enable you to gain some valuable & current frontline experience, as well as help you get your knowledge of practice and procedures back up to date.
What we’d be offering:
- A free 2-day-a-week shadowing placement for 8 weeks or more
- Access to our online training, and external CPD resources
- An opportunity to refresh your knowledge of recording systems
- An individual Returner’s Handbook, including HCPC guidance and a record of your CPD activity whilst on the programme
- 1:1 advice on job applications and interview preparation
Successful completion of the programme will guarantee a job interview if suitable vacancies are available at that time.
What you’d need to commit to:
- Attending a selection interview
- Payment of the programme fee of £200
- If selected, you’ll need to attend the programme on set days each week
- We’ll expect you to commit a further 2 days a week to independent study at home
- You’ll also need access to a car for the duration of your time with us
What to do next:
Apply below and complete our “Return to Social Work” survey which will help us identify how many people might be interested and we can then get in touch with you later in the summer, to let you know what’s happening.