HR Business Partner / Employee Relations Specialist
HR Business Partner / Employee Relations Specialist – RBI – Sutton
- 12 months FTC Maternity leave cover
- 4-5 days per week, flexible working arrangements considered
Reed Business Information brings market leading brands to an audience of millions of decision makers worldwide through its multi-platform media of data services, online lead generation services, community websites, magazines and events. Reed Business Information Ltd is part of RELX, a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors.
Our HR team of 30 supports over 3500 employees in the UK, Europe, Asia and USA. The Employee Relations HRBP is a critical part of the HR team in the UK, working closely with other HRBP’s, managers from across the UK business, the RELX HR Shared Service Team and Occupational Health.
This role is based in Sutton, Surrey, but the role requires some travel to our London office (High Holborn), plus occasional travel to some of our other UK sites as required by the business.
Within the HR Business Partner team, the Employee Relations HRBP role reports into a HR Director, but works alongside other HR Business Partners to provide a comprehensive HR Advisory service to employees and managers across the assigned portfolio. It also is a lead HRBP for the Xpert HR business and sits on the global Senior Leadership Team (SLT) for XpertHR.
This role would suit someone with a sound background in providing employee relations support to the business, but also who is looking to expand into an HRBP role and develop their HR business partnering skills.
- Act as a change agent; lead, support and contribute to change programmes, driving and championing the implementation of HR solutions, gaining acceptance from key stakeholders.
- Act as a coach and escalation point for all ER cases, and as required take responsibility for coaching managers to enhance both managerial and organisational performance, minimizing risk to the organisation at all times
- Proactively manage and develop relationships across all key stakeholder groups to support the delivery of your objectives, including partnering with COE’s, SSC and the Senior HRBP team.
- Lead the deployment of all relevant Talent Management processes for your client group to ensure identification, assessment and development of talent required to deliver the businesses objectives
- Engage in regional and local workforce planning ensuring the short and long term talent requirements are identified to deliver the business strategy and work with the Recruitment and Talent COE’s to execute upon them.
- Communicate and reinforce the Company’s values and beliefs about people to develop a high performing organisation
- Utilise key metrics and analytics to support decisions driving the people agenda for the organisation
- Accountable for ensuring country legal and legislative compliance at all times
- Manage salary benchmarking exercises and global assignment processes with the relative COE’s
- Manage a caseload of Employee Relations issues, including redundancies, performance management issues, absence and grievance cases
- Maintain and track ER cases, identifying ‘issue’ patterns and making recommendations for manager coaching or other improvements
- Develop and deliver targeted people manager coaching/training initiatives
- Work with HR Business Partners on employee engagement initiatives, analysis & trending of Management Information change management and wider activity as appropriate
- Partner closely with managers to ensure they understand the legal requirements and potential risks of actions that they take.
- Work closely with RELX employment counsel as appropriate to support the successful outcome of cases.
- Work with staff council and union representatives as appropriate when employee issues arise
- Sound knowledge and proven track record in all core aspects of HR management and Employee Relations, including performance management, organizational change and restructures, disciplinary and grievance processes.
- Excellent technical HR Knowledge and competence & up to date employment law knowledge and practical application of legislation
- Excellent analytical skills including experience of workforce planning, business reporting and fact based decision making along with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Business and commercial orientated HR professional who is keenly interested in the customer and commercial aspects of the business.
- Passionate about customer service and delivering professional HR support to the business.
- Strong communication and influence skills.
- Knowledge and experience of working in an international and cross cultural context.
- Able to operate as part of a larger HR team & build trust and strong working relationships with managers so they come to you before an employee action is taken.
- Support execution of Global HR projects and wider projects for the RELX group
- Excellent relationship building skills demonstrated through proven experience of working in partnership with Directors and senior business leaders in order to improve people management practices and develop strategic HR plans.
- Experience of coaching and influencing senior business leaders along with excellent communication skills and able to negotiate and influence effectively with all levels of an organisation.
- Experience of managing small / medium scale, change programmes e.g. Organisation re-design, merger and acquisition, culture change.
- Self-motivated, able to set and deliver their own objectives and comfortable with remote management
- Graduate or equivalent calibre, CIPD preferred
- Displays High Integrity and Honesty
- Solves problems and analyses issues
- Communicates Powerfully and Prolifically
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Drives for Results
About Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information (RBI) provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RBI General Benefits Package:
- Pension Scheme
- 29 Days Holiday
- Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
- Life Insurance (4x salary)
- Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)
- Competitive Salaries