Cyber Ready - Developing Cyber Talent
The demand for cybersecurity professionals is increasing. At the moment there is a huge skills gap and due to the lack of skilled workers reports suggest 3.5 million of these roles will be unfilled. At the moment approximately 10% of cybersecurity professionals are women.
This needs to change and we need you to help us!
In June 2018, the Department for Digital, Culture, Media, and Sport (DCMS) announced several initiatives under the Cyber Skills Immediate Impact Fund (CSIIF), one of these was Cyber Ready.
CompTIA Cyber Ready is a 6-month learning programme designed as a conversion course for individuals who have an interest in IT to gain the knowledge, skills, and certifications to enable them to work in Cybersecurity Analysts roles.
A Cybersecurity Analysts is someone who is responsible for protecting internet connected systems and the data on them. This could be anything, from online logins to bank account details. In a world where IT and the internet are being integrated our personal and professional profiles become considerably more vulnerable. By making yourself 'cyber ready', you can learn the skillset required to secure organisations and protect critical systems and information.
What is on Offer:
- 6 months Cybersecurity training for 30 candidates
- Flexible access to Online learning platform to work learning around other responsibilities
- Physical workshops one Saturday a month (Leeds and London)
- A Cyber Security Mentor answer questions and provide learning support
- Opportunity to gain CompTIA Security+ and Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) certifications
- Assistance to secure a job placement
- Cyber Ready is fully funded so no programme fee is required
What we need from you:
- Commitment to follow the programme
Who should apply?
- Returnees to the work who have some prior IT experience (parents/carers)
- IT/Cybersecurity hobbyists
- IT Technicians looking to progress their careers
- Graduates who have undertaken a tech degree
- Former IT Apprentices looking to gain new skills
- Ex-service personnel
Why should I pursue a career in Cyber?
Cyber Security is a hot topic and getting hotter! With 46% of UK businesses identifying cyber security breaches over the last 12 months there is a real need for organisations to prepare themselves.
A recent survey of the UK’s biggest 350 companies said more than two-thirds of boards had not received training to deal with a cyber incident, despite more than half saying cyber threats were a top risk to their business. Statistics like this means that employers are actively seeking recently training Cyber Security talent.
Cyber-related salaries range from £20,000 to £80,000 depending on experience.
Register your interest by clicking the Apply button.