Assistant Branch Manager
Assistant Branch Manager – Jewson Builders Merchants
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want lots of opportunity for development and progression? If so, you could be the person for us.
Do you have sales experience and team-leading skills? Then apply today!
This position is working for Jewson part of the Saint Gobain group Global winners of
TOP EMPLOYER 2017 and 2018.
Your responsibilities will include...
- You will enjoy achieving branch targets
- Build and maintain effective relationships with the wider branch network to establish Jewson as an effective and profitable provider of building materials to its target customers.
- Co-ordinate promotional activity and maintain the Showroom
- There will be a strong focus on Health & Safety Policies and Procedures and ensuring staff uphold our H&S principles
- You will also be able to interpret complex information and act decisively on it.
- You will keep up to date on your knowledge of products, technology and regulations
- Ensure that the branch continues to deliver a consistently great experience to customers to meet the requirements and standards of Jewson and the wider Saint Gobain brand.
Experience required. You will have;
- Experience within the trade would be an advantage, although we’ll offer full product training. So whether you come from a DIY, Plumbing, Timber or Insulation merchant or from outside of the industry, we know you’ll have a lot to offer and we’ll have a lot to offer you.
- You will have a full, current and valid driver’s license owing to the occasional travel in the role.
- You will have a background in leadership and face to face sales where you have achieved over and above the targeted results.
- A superior focus on the customer is an inherent part of your character, you'll also have experience of meeting Training and Competence requirements and be fully accustomed to using office and sales support systems.
- But most of all, you will share our 100% dedication to delivering excellent customer care.
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.
On occasion, we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly, to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome a diversity of applications irrespective of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.