Events and Executive Assistant- Part-time
London Higher is an ‘umbrella’ body representing nearly 50 universities and higher education colleges in London. We are the place where universities and higher education colleges come together to identify the opportunities and address the challenges of working in London.
We offer excellent facilities and benefits to our small team (around 20 members of staff). These include family friendly working, childcare vouchers, pension scheme, perks and discounts plus staff training and development opportunities.
About the role
We are seeking a part-time position, to assist our CEO and other members of the core executive team in delivering a variety of outputs aimed at supporting higher education in London. This will include coordinating the London Higher Events programme as well as maintaining the CEO’s diary and organizing external meetings.
The post-holder will be required to work 21 hours (equal to 3 days) per week, excluding lunch breaks. London Higher encourages flexible working and the days in which the hours are worked are negotiable. For example we are willing to consider a candidate who wishes to work different hours during school term times and holidays.
About you (requirements)
If you feel your skills, knowledge, personal qualities and experiences map to the following, we would love to hear from you:
- Good operational knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and an ability to learn new IT systems quickly (e.g editing a website);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required (including letter drafting and proof reading);
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own workload;
- Experience of organising meetings and or events;
- Ability to work as a member of a team to achieve team objectives;
- Knowledge of social media forums, including Twitter and LinkedIn is desirable.
How to apply
For further information or to apply for this role please visit the London Higher Website.
Closing date: 4pm,Tuesday 11 September 2018
Interview date: Thursday 20 September 2018 (successful short-listed candidates will be notified on Thursday 13 September 2018)
We value a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community.