Experienced Children's Qualified Social Worker (East Hampshire) HCC3078
Are you an experienced social worker?
Apply now, or simply send your CV to email@example.com Remember to include your most recent social work experience, your HCPC registration number, and your current employer details, or explanations for a career break.
For those looking for their first step into a social work career, you can apply for our Newly Qualified Social Worker Graduate Entry Training scheme. Please visit our website for more details https://www.hants.gov.uk/jobs/careers/childrenssocialworkercareers
What’s it like being a Hampshire Children’s social worker?
We need experienced, talented social workers to join our high calibre frontline teams in Children’s Services.
We are investing an additional £6.5 million in staff and resources to enable us to safely reduce the number of children in care in Hampshire.
As a social worker with us you will be at the sharp end of social care and through your positive interventions you can make life changing differences to children and families. As the lead statutory body for child protection it is our fundamental belief that, wherever possible, the best outcome for children is that they are able to remain living with their parents or wider family. We work with children and families to support them if they are struggling to cope, and whilst we work to prevent children coming into our care when safe and appropriate, where necessary we bring children into care to protect them. However, from the outset we drive at the sources of problems and seek to reunify them home wherever possible.
As a Hampshire social worker, you receive a strong commitment from us to work with you in your development, whilst ensuring you have the working conditions you need for good practice to flourish.
What are we doing for our social workers?
- Flexible working options to fit around today’s lifestyles.
- Professional support to widen skills and expertise.
- A wider range of training opportunities and five days per annum of personal development time opportunities to experience working in different teams and different practice areas (to widen your experience and capabilities).
- New technologies for use in the field to allow social workers to manage their time more effectively and flexibly.
- Personal assistants for social workers, providing the crucial back office support required to free time for professional practice.
- Great career development and progression opportunities in a large authority.
- A dynamic team and departmental culture.
Not local to Hampshire?
We offer up to £8,500 assistance with relocation for those experienced social workers to make the move to Hampshire (subject to management approval).
As a Hampshire County Council Children’s Social Worker you would be working for one of the five top performing children’s social care authorities. You’d also be part of our work as a Department for Education ‘Partner in Practice’ – trailblazing new ways of working to update and enhance social work practice nationally.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to include your most recent social work experience, your HCPC registration number, and your current employer details, or explanations for a career break. Alternatively apply online. Become part of the innovation in social care provision across Hampshire.