Designer - Bags & Accessories
Animal the UK's lifestyle brand is looking to recruit a Bags & Accessories Designer to join our Design Team.
As a Designer you design a collection that exceeds customer’s expectations and achieves sales and profit targets through the development of a commercial range in line with the company strategies.
You will be responsible for:
- Design products that are on brand, working with the Head of Men’s and Women’s Wear and Product Developers to ensure a balanced commercial and exciting range offer is put forward for approval
- Responsible for trend and research for the Luggage/Bags/Accessories category, demonstrating your awareness and understanding of shape, colour, fabric and print
- When appropriate, identify new product opportunities that are in line with the company brand, strategy and vision and communicate these to the Head of Men’s and Women’s Wear
- Bring new and exciting ranges that maintain a leading edge on our competitors, know the competition and how we benchmark as a brand
- Work with the Head of Men’s and Women’s Wear to analyse feedback from customers, monitor sales and identify the best-selling pieces, ensuring all products within the Luggage/Bags/Accessories category match and exceed expectations
- Conduct regular store visits in order to gain valuable consumer feedback
- Contribute to the development of the critical path and manage procedures in order to ensure that all deadlines are achieved
- Develop close working relationships with all team members and designers across all categories, ensuring one consistent brand look, always adhering to brand and trademark legislation
- Attend meetings as required to ensure all design requirements regarding development of products are clearly understood
- Travel is required in accordance with business needs
You will need to have both commercial and brand awareness in order to design best sellers that offer creativity and originality. Our ideal candidate will possess both the experience and the skills as detailed above and will also have a passion, key interest and understanding of the lifestyle brand.
Please also include your portfolio with your application