Practice Manager - Fostering/Adoption - Yorkshire
Job Ref: OJ 2048
Hampton's are working with a well-respected company who are in need of a Practice Manager to cover fostering and adoption in Yorkshire.
This is for a company who have very strong values, respecting the unique worth of every person and encouraging people to fulfil their potential.
- Leading and managing a staff team of Social Workers who provide a social work service to Foster Carers/Adopters and Children and Young People.
- Influencing and contributing to the development of the service by working collaboratively with the Operations Manager to plan, review, develop and grow the service.
- Lead and manage all staff and workers in order to build and maintain a capable and motivated team.
- Complete all required people management procedures and routines for all staff in compliance to Policies and procedures. Undertakes specific duties, services and activities where stipulated in regulatory and legislative requirements for fostering and/or adoption ensuring that the service meets these requirements at all times. Maintain an up to date understanding and ensure changes in requirements are implemented as appropriate.
- In conjunction with the Operations Manager, proactively lead and manage service provision, working closely with internal and external stakeholders as necessary, to ensure that progress on delivery and specified targets is monitored and reported regularly, and that any issues are addressed and resolved to the satisfaction of stakeholders
- Handle all and any representation or Complaints, from any source, in a fully compliant and professional manner to ensure that concerns are addressed, resolved and documented in line with relevant Children's Services Policies
- Lead and influence on Safeguarding to ensure an active engagement is maintained in the interests of the child at all levels in the Service and that all issues are dealt with comprehensively and compliantly to policy and procedures; involving all relevant external agencies and authorities as necessary.
- Proactively develop and maintain influential working relationships with key stakeholders such as Local Authorities and other agencies in order to be a respected advocate on Children's issues and to enhance reputation in the Family Placement sector.
- Preparation, organisation, development and delivery of training to foster carers and/or adopters.
- Recognised social work qualification
- Good knowledge and understanding of statutory and good practice requirements in Family Placement - Fostering and Adoption services
- Experience in Child Protection and Safeguarding
- Willingness to develop within your own career, but also the company
CLOSING DATE: 17th August 2018
Salary - up to £42k (dependent on experience)
If you are interested in this position or would like to have a confidential discussion to find out further details, then please email your CV or call Oliver on 01926 354601.
Hampton's Resourcing prides itself on creating opportunities for Social Care Senior Managers to challenge themselves to continually develop their skills and experience. Our aim is to consistently find work for the most talented individuals within Children's and Adults Social Care services, across the UK