Customer Development Executive
Customer Development Executive – Coventry
£20,000 - £25,000
What it’s about
To manage customer and prospect relationships in order to secure ‘intentions to teach’ as part of integrated Sales and Marketing campaigns through outbound call promotion activities with teachers and managers in schools, 6th form/FE colleges.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing customer and prospect relationships in order to secure ‘intentions to teach’ as part of integrated Sales and Marketing campaigns through outbound call promotion activities with teachers and managers in schools, 6th form/FE colleges
- Building rapport with existing and new customers, generating conversations, focussed on executing briefs provided by the Campaign Management team, and provide follow up support to the point of an ‘intention to teach’
- Identifying and qualifying opportunities to engage product, subject and assessment experts to support developing existing, and fostering new relationships
- Maintaining customer data records and analysing data to inform market insight on customer purchasing behaviours to inform future campaign targets and delivery
What we’re looking for
- A strong influencer and communicator
- Intermediate Microsoft skills
- Outbound telesales techniques Strong communication and listening skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload
- First-rate relationship building skills
- Possess drive for results, motivation, and acute attention to detail in ensuring all sales opportunities are captured and explored
- Ability to build rapport with teachers, empathising and relating to their requirements and challenges
- Team player
Who we are
OCR (Oxford Cambridge and RSA Examinations) is a leading UK exam board. We provide qualifications which engage people of all ages and abilities at school, college, in work or through part-time learning programmes. Our general and vocational qualifications equip learners with the knowledge and skills they need for their future, helping them achieve their full potential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for applications is 27 August and interviews will be held on week commencing 3 September.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.