Term time only school catering assistant
If you are looking for a well established company where you can develop your career as well as work child friendly hours 10am- 2pm Monday to Friday, term time only, please get in contact today! We have 20 vacancies with guaranteed interviews and job starts in September. Please send us an email with your contact details and we will be in touch to discuss.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Preparation of basic food products
• Participate in the serving of meals
• Undertake general cleaning duties when required
• Washing utensils and dishes and making sure they are stored appropriately
• Sorting, storing and distributing ingredients
• Washing, peeling, chopping, cutting and cooking foodstuffs and helping to prepare salads and desserts
• Disposing of rubbish
• Cleaning the food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools or areas
• Must have a passion for food and happy to clean
• Good Communication Skills
• Team player
• Be willing to travel and work in different schools
• Be prepared to assist colleagues in a willing and positive manner including assisting with other duties as required
• Be prepared to attend all relevant training sessions and meetings
• Can do attitude
• To make sure you are aware of, and meet the legal and Company requirements for fire, safety, health and hygiene
• To report health and safety issues to your line manager, including all accidents and near misses
Health & Safety
• Complete the One Compass Welcome prior to the commencement of employment.
• Receive, read and understand the contents of the Employee Guide to Working with Compass
• Taking reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or what you fail to do.
• Co-operate with your line manager on HSE matters.
• Correctly using work equipment, personal protective equipment in accordance with training and instructions provided.
• Not interfere with or mis-use anything provided for HSE purposes.
• Report HSE hazards, accidents, incidents, illness and diseases to your line manager.
• Complete Level 2 HSE e-learning “Working Safely” (and Working Safely with Food, if appropriate) within 20 weeks of commencing employment.