GQ Assessment Processing Operations Manager
Job Title: GQ Assessment Processing Operations Manager
Contract: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary: £32,100 - £43,300
What it's about
To manage the efficient and accurate delivery of key GQ operational functions performed by the Assessment Processing team in Operations.
What you'll be doing
- Plan, deliver and manage work based on Operations’ Objectives, ensuring decision-making relating to this work remains within the team wherever possible.
- Plan and review admin processes, establishing and maintaining working instructions and effective quality checks, innovating where possible and taking responsibility for the quality of processing. Also manage User Acceptance Testing of current and new systems, ensuring defects and solutions are reported.
- Manage a team of core staff and flexible resource effectively, providing training and ensuring that they follow instructions, meet deadlines or levels of throughput and quality check outcomes.
- Manage and resolve issues quickly and effectively, taking decisions and escalating and communicating to relevant stakeholders as appropriate.
- Ensure that they and their team provide a positive and professional service to internal and external customers, ensuring enquiries are managed effectively.
What we're looking for
- Educated to A level standard
- Decision-making – able to apply knowledge of role and area in order to make sound business decisions and escalate where appropriate.
- Communication – explain ideas clearly and fluently in writing and verbally.
- IT – able to use software packages to produce appropriate materials.
- Numeracy – is able to interpret data comfortably
- Operational processing - experience of working in a large-scale operational environment
- Process management - demonstrable experience of managing operational processes through to delivery
- Line management
- Can do – determined and resourceful in order to deliver the best results for the business within the agreed timescales and resources.
- Embraces change – future focused, inquisitive, open minded and seeks learning opportunities.
- Accurate and efficient – strives to work to the highest levels possible at all times.
- Customer focused – considers the impact of their actions on customers.
- Flexible and adaptable – can take on board new ideas and concepts quickly and easily.
- Target driven – comfortable with being directly and frequently measured on performance; happy to be pushed
- Collaborative – able to work effectively and inclusively with a range of people, both within and outside the business.
- Accountable – willing and able to make decisions within a clearly defined area and happy to take responsibility for them.
Who we are
OCR (Oxford Cambridge and RSA Examinations) is a leading UK exam board. We provide qualifications which engage people of all ages and abilities at school, college, in work or through part-time learning programmes. Our general and vocational qualifications equip learners with the knowledge and skills they need for their future, helping them achieve their full potential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 23/09/2018 and interviews will be held on 03/10/2018.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER