Social Worker | Looked After Children | Somerset
LOCUM SOCIAL WORK CONTRACT - LIVE AWAY FROM HOME - EXCELLENT BENEFITS & INCENTIVES
GB3663SW7 - Looked After Children's Team - Taunton
Somerset County Council are recruiting locum social workers for Child Protection / Safeguarding, Assessment and Looked After Children's Teams for their offices at Bridgwater, Taunton and Yeovil.
As well as a high rate of pay (up to £35 per hour for experienced applicants) Somerset are able to offer the following incentives for locums joining the council. These include:-
- Support with accommodation and commuting travel costs
- Up to £500 (inclusive of VAT) in first month to support with rent / deposit / Bed and Breakfast fees
- If they live in temporary accommodation SCC will pay travel expenses from their permanent place of residence to temporary accommodation = 1 round trip per working week (commuting mileage rate) for the duration of the contract. This can be claimed in addition to the 1 months' accommodation incentive.
- If not receiving the accommodation incentive, SCC will pay for commuting costs from their permanent place of residence to work daily - commutable to work distance is deemed as a maximum of 100 miles each direction.
- Flexible working: preference is full-time, however SCC will allow the 10th day working at home. SCC are, however, open to discussion for those wanting 9 day fortnights
- Children's Services have reduced caseloads of 14-17
- Reduced social worker turnover rate - down from a 20 per cent ratio to 14 per cent, making it below the national average
- Regular supervision for staff
- Team development days available to support on-going learning and making strong progress towards improvement and team plans
- Offices operate in a 'Smart' office mobile working environment and they have good technology including use of laptops and Smart phones to allow staff to flexibly work across the offices.
- The appointment of a permanent team of senior managers - providing stability and leadership
- Consultant Social Workers hold regular Continued Professional Development sessions for both permanent and locum QSWs to attend.
- SCC have a 3 year Children & Young Peoples plan effective from 1st April 2016. Recent monitoring visit sees that Ofsted identified areas of strength and areas in which improvement is occurring
- Visits over 100 miles SCC provide a hire car to reduce mileage on their vehicles
- Current parking charges (office base)
- Bridgwater - £30 per calendar month
- Yeovil - £14 per calendar month (pay in 3 month block)
- Shepton - £9.19 per calendar month
- Taunton - parking is limited for On Site - will often have to sit on waiting list. Plenty of nearby car parks costing around £6 per day.
To be considered you must have recent and/or significant experience in a similar team, as well as full HCPC registration and at least two years post qualified experience.
Start date: ASAP
Caritas Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers. We supply Qualified Social Work staff to over 150 local authorities UK wide on a permanent and temporary (locum/contract) basis.
If you are a QUALIFIED SOCIAL WORKER who is actively looking for work but this vacancy does not match your requirements please contact me (Gemma Bridgman - extension 3663) at Caritas to discuss other job opportunities.
Working with Caritas Recruitment offers you a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated personal and professional service
- Free DBS check
- CV review service
- Interview advice
- Competitive rates of pay
- Post-placement follow up meetings
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- A supportive team who can always deal with your queries