Supervising Social Worker - East / South East London
A well regarded fostering provider are looking for a Supervising Social Worker to join their East London based team. You will be responsible for supporting a carer case load across South East and East London: Newham, Tower Hamlets, Havering, Redbridge, Lewisham, Southwark and Greenwich
Over view of role and responsibilities:
- To provide support and supervision to foster carers
- To work closely with any agencies and all staff to match children to families
- To assess and provide training to foster carers as per the needs assessed in a reactive and proactive manner
- To actively recruit and assess applicants offering to care for children on behalf of the Agency
- To attend and produce reports for fostering panel meetings as necessary.
- To carry out an annual review of Foster families
- To support and attend a foster carer support group as needed.
- To contribute to the development of the fostering service
- Be willing to work flexibly including evening and weekend work, when required, within the duty rota system or in emergencies.
You will be / have:
- A qualified social worker
- A DipSW or equivalent
- HCPC registration
- Fostering placement or prior fostering social work experience (essential)
Some flexible working may be needed in order to attend emergencies or to participate in the duty rota.
Salary is to £36,000 + on call allowance - £100 every 6 weeks+ benefits
For further information, a job description and a confidential chat around the role, please contact Harriet Connolly in confidence on 07740773499 / 0121 323 3720 / email@example.com
Iris Resourcing is an unrivalled specialist resourcing partner to the looked after children’s social work sector, with a targeted focus across fostering & adoption: With a focus on permanent recruitment, we work strategically to find the ideal fit, matching experience, skills and aspirations.
If the above role is not suitable, but you are looking for a move within the sector, please do make contact to discuss what you may be looking for and other available opportunities.
https://twitter.com/fosteringjobs - for the latest job updates
https://twitter.com/harriet_iris - for sector news and media updates