Children's Support Worker
Hays Social Care are looking for an experienced Support Worker for a brand new Temporary to Permanent Position
A new residential children's home in Neath has opened and is looking for candidates who are hungry for a new opportunities. Whether you have experience in care or if you have ever worked in this sector, you could be the person we are looking for. As an expanding company with great career prospects that promotes training and development of all staff, we are keen to get you on board to help grow your career. The successful candidate will need to have good communication skills and be able to encourage and motivate the young people to develop life skills, and participate in a range of leisure activities and educational interests. If you are:
- Motivated and committed, with a calm approach;
- A Team player with the ability to work use your own initiative;
- A Positive role model to the children and young people;
- Someone that will be able to react calmly in stressful situations and deal with difficult and challenging behaviours.
If you feel that you can make a difference in their lives, you will need to:
- Be prepared to work early, late and night shifts (including sleepovers) on a rota basis.
- Be highly motivated to develop and maintain relationships with young people and their families and engage with local agencies and community.
- Carry out direct work with the residents including key-working and generally taking an active part in their daily lives and activities.
- Hold or be willing to achieve a Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care with Children and Young People or the Social Care Induction Framework with Social Care Wales.
- Ideally hold a full UK Driving Licence, but this is not essential.
- Must be over the age of 21.
This is a full time position, and candidates are expected to be complete on average 35 hours per week. The hourly rate for this role upwards of £10 per hour. What you will get in return:
- Free DBS Certificate.
- Enrolment onto the Social Care Wales Register.
- Enrolment onto the QCF Level 3 Health & Social Care for Children and Young People.
- PBM - Positive Behaviour Management training - (If already achieved that's great!).
- £250 reward when you refer a colleague.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. You can also call Patrick from Hays Social Care now on 01792 485970 or send your CV
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.