Business Development Manager - Public Sector
As a Business Development Manager you will be responsible for the development and continuous improvement for all strategic frameworks within the Public Sector.
You will report in to the Divisional Director of Public Sector in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment with the aim of winning new business as well as creating the strategic marketing development in all vertical markets within the Public Sector in addition, typically responsible for helping to build and grow awareness of the diverse range of product and service by acting as an outward facing thought manager.Package description
The salary on offer is up to £50k (DOE), OTE of £80k + Car & Corporate benefits package which includes, Private Healthcare, Lifestyle Benefits etc. with excellent routes for career progression.Main responsibilities
As a Business Development Manager (BDM) you will maintain and grow our business and client base on an ongoing and project basis, creating and maintaining relationships with existing and potential clients, developing strategic solutions and plans that best fit the business and vertical markets’ needs. You are responsible for creating brand identities through research and applying experience to uncover an in-depth knowledge of the organisational process, competitive threats and opportunities of the framework business. As a BDM you will also manage the campaign measurement process to ensure that the end user and the business are aligned on key performance metrics, establishing realistic business goals, and providing accountability through reporting and analytics, and providing optimised strategies moving forward. In this role, you will also provide:
- Sound and responsible business counselling and planning.
- Innovator and influencer level communications.
- Deliver a consistently superior service and product offering.
- Work that is strategic and above all creative.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a BDM you will have three areas of responsibility (specific duties of each are explained below)
Planning, Analysing, Evaluating
- Collaborates with the Account Managers, Customer Services, on preparation of marketing recommendations, strategies and actions for the customer.
- Defining project scope, estimate and writing proposals, works with producer in the creation of project specifications and time plans.
- Identify and develop target list of vertical markets to develop
- Understand business objectives, challenges and opportunities of target and vertical markets
- Responsible for framework vision, structure, and management while providing accountability, and development strategy.
- Develop in collaboration with the the marketing team, innovative and / or differentiating products and services
- Identify the right opportunities across vertical sectors that align with the business ongoing strategy
- Maintain and develop prospective client and key strategic stakeholder network
- Develop integrated marketing strategies and tactical plans to meet and exceed the business goals and objectives
- Generate and drive insight for internal and client audiences around media, brands, consumers, and experiences (support from Marketing Team).
- Provide market research, analyses and insights into latest industry trends
- Grow and develop existing framework accounts.
- Monitoring and enforcing new business risk and constraints (schedule / scope / resources)
Strategic Project Management
- Develop integrated marketing strategies and tactical plans to meet and exceed the framework marketing and business goals and objectives
- Generate and drive insight for internal and customer audiences around media, brands, consumers, and experiences
- Manage measurement, analytics, data gathering, and reporting for clients’ and business
- Provide strategic CSR thought leadership and expertise to expand business relationships
- Oversee development of marketing plans and creative briefs
- Influence cross-functional internal partners to create and execute effective research, analysis, and strategy
- Developing and implementing new processes to increase efficiencies and effectiveness of research, measurement, and strategy work for teams
- Work with all internal departments to develop integrated solutions and expand the services the business provides to the end user
- Help with identifying and nurturing new business opportunities
The ideal Candidate:
- Interest in and aptitude for creative business and marketing solutions within the public sector vertical markets
- Highly motivated, with a proven track record of building clients and expansion of client accounts
- Ability to identify strategic needs, lead all aspects of planning with sound business recommendations, and generate alignment with key business partners
- Excellent presentation skills that encompass clear, compelling communications
- Experience navigating large and complex organizations, including gaining access to key executives and stakeholders and successfully managing relationship building dynamics and processes
- Ability to manage multiple business initiatives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Flexibility with schedule to meet client commitments, traveling as required to pursue business development
- Great project management abilities
Lyreco specialises in providing workplace solutions to businesses globally across a variety of sectors. We are looking for a Business Development Manager- Public Sector to join our ‘solution based’ Corporate Sales Division, covering the UK.