We are looking for a talented and passionate Head Butler who can deliver exceptional customer service and lead our fantastic Butlers team at The Lanesborough.
As Head Butler, you will have a real pride and passion for what you do, with the ability to build rapport and long-term relationships with guests. We are looking for our future ambassadors to have a warm and welcoming personality, with high standards of professionalism and a drive to provide a memorable experience to each and every guest. You will lead our Butlers team, responsible for all amenities, facilities and guests requirements within the guest room or suite. Be attentive and respond swiftly to guest requirements, ensuring genuine recognition and anticipating guests' needs during every step of their stay. Coordinate in preparation for the guests' stay by communicating to relevant departments and upholding an extensive guest's history using Opera system and the Butler private log.
Responsibilities & Duties include:
- To provide the utmost attention to all residents, ensuring their total comfort and satisfaction.
- Maintaining superior guest contact in order to build rapport in terms of problem solving, requests, complaints and guest services.
- Greet VIP guests upon arrival, explain in-room and hotel facilities according to Butler Standards.
- Spot check rooms in terms of amenities, requests, cleanliness and general engineering issues.
- Implement the necessary changes to ensure operational and service compliance.
- Keep ahead of market tendencies, innovations, services and competitors.
- Manage a team of Butlers; administrate staffing levels, holidays and schedules in relation to occupancy.
- To identify operational weaknesses and opportunities in order to execute action plans.
- To examine and create Policies and Procedures in relation to any developments and innovations which could improve the quality of the products and services.
- Ensure the efficient progression of all Butler policies and procedures.
- Develop your team and give employees regular feedback on their performances.
In return we offer fantastic industry leading rewards and benefits (Conditions apply):
- Dental and Optical Benefits
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Meals on Duty
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Tailored Uniforms
- Cycle Scheme (Loan to Purchase)
- Dry Cleaning (Non Uniformed Ambassadors)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Training & Development Plans
- Social Committee Activities
- Training Fund Assistance
- Awards & Recognition Programs
The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate the following attributes.
- Proven track record of at least 8 years in a luxury hotel (managerial position).
- Good problem solving, innovation and communication talents.
- Strong administration, time management and organisational skills.
- Have extensive knowledge of emotional intelligence, body language and non-verbal communication.
- Excellent command of the English language and a second language would be preferred
- Immaculate grooming standards
- Be available, flexible and willing to work a 24h roaster when required
- An element of Manual handling will be required
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process