Supervising Social Worker
A national and well regarded fostering provider are looking for a Supervising Social Worker, to join their Somerset and Wiltshire based team.
With a national and regional presence, all of this ‘family feel’ organisation’s offices have been graded ‘outstanding’ or ‘good’ by Ofsted.
Over view of role and responsibilities:
- To provide support and supervision to foster carers
- To work closely with any agencies and all staff to match children to families
- To assess and provide training to foster carers as per the needs assessed in a reactive and proactive manner
- To actively recruit and assess applicants offering to care for children on behalf of the Agency
- To attend and produce reports for fostering panel meetings as necessary.
- To carry out an annual review of Foster families
- To support and attend a foster carer support group as needed.
- To exercise an understanding of the customs, traditions, culture and religions when dealing with children and foster families.
- To contribute to the development of the fostering service, to meet unmet needs and the demands faced by new legislation.
- To act, if required, as a member of Foster Care panel
- Be willing to work flexibly including evening and weekend work, when required, within the duty rota system or in emergencies.
You will be a car owner / driver and be required to travel as required. Some flexible working may be needed in order to attend emergencies or to participate in the duty rota.
You will be / have:
- A qualified social worker
- DipSW or equivalent
- HCPC registration
- Prior experience of working within a fostering team is ideal
Salary is to £33,000 + supportive team + benefits
For further information, a job description and a confidential chat around the role and your suitability, please contact Harriet Connolly in confidence on 07740773499 / 0121 323 3720 / email@example.com
Iris Resourcing is an unrivalled specialist resourcing partner to the looked after children’s social work sector, with a targeted focus across fostering & adoption: With a focus on permanent recruitment, we work strategically to find the ideal fit, matching experience, skills and aspirations.
If the above role is not suitable, but you are looking for a move within the sector, please do make contact to discuss what you may be looking for and other available opportunities.