Operations Manager - Children's Residential Services
An established provider of children’s residential services across the South West require an Operations / Service Director to manage, support and develop the growth of two homes and an associated school in the Devon / Somerset region. This service is currently rated ‘Good” by Ofsted.
Initially you will take the role as Registered Manager – with a view to taking on responsibility for the recruitment of a new Registered Manager role - and subsequently moving in to a more strategic Operations Director role.
This a newly created role due to growth of the organisation across the region and is an excellent opportunity for a Registered Manager with significant experience across the sector within EBD, who is looking for career opportunity – or an existing Operations / Service Manager / Director who is looking for a change and to work for an innovative and supportive employer.
- To Initially take on Ofsted responsibility as Registered Manager (short term)
- Support the recruitment of a new Registered Manager in to post
- Coach, support and motivate the new Registered Manager to develop and enhance individual and team performance and to optimise service delivery.
- Develop and deliver strategic plans to develop the Children's Homes business in line with strategic plans
- Monitor quality and manage performance of operational delivery in the Children's Homes, ensuring that KPI, legislative and Children's Homes regulations requirements are met
- Develop and maintain customer and account management relationships promoting the Children's Homes business with external stakeholders to maximise business opportunities
- Develop and produce operationally viable and cost effective solutions to business development opportunities, delivering within bid timescales and in line with legislation and customer specifications.
You will be / have:
- Extensive knowledge, skills and working knowledge of Children's Homes Regulations/Quality Standards
- Able to meet the requirements for registration as a Registered Manager
- Previous significant experience as a Residential Children's Home Manager
- Proven history / interest in service growth and development
- The ability to engage staff and young people
- In depth knowledge of EBD, SEMH, Complex Needs and Challenging Behaviour
- Excellent staff management and supervisory skills
- Level 5 Leadership and Management / social work qualification
Salary is to £60,000 (experience dependent)
For further information around the organisation and role and a JD, please contact Harriet Connolly on 0121 323 3720 / 07740 773499 / firstname.lastname@example.org