Head of Joint Commissioning for Children and Young People
Attenti Consulting are working with a South London Borough to provide a Head of Joint Commissioning for Children and Young people. The role sits within the partnership commissioning team and reports to the Assistant Director for Joint Commissioning.
- The Head of Joint Commissioning for Children and Young people will have responsibility for the strategic leadership of joint commissioning arrangements for services for children and young people with a broad scope covering pre-birth to adulthood.
- Responsible for the development of joint commissioning approaches for the health and social care of children and young people, underpinned by the Council and CCG’s Joint Strategic Framework for Children and Young People. This includes maternity services, early years, emotional wellbeing and mental health, early help, Special Educational Needs and Disabilities and the health and well being of vulnerable children and young people. Including those in care.
- Build and strengthen strategic relationships so that commissioning priorities for the health and social care of children and young people are agreed by the council and CCG and delivered by the Partnership Commissioning Team through commissioning services that are consistent with the strategic intentions of the organisations Five Year Forward View for Health and Social Care 2016-2021.
- Take a Population –based approach to commissioning, focused on health and social care outcomes for children and young people and working with and through Local Care Networks.
- Lead a transformation of children’s commissioning for council and NHS Clinical Commissioning Group that will improve health and social care outcomes for children and young people, instead of focusing on maintaining current service agreements.
- Deliver a transformation in the way that we commission services for children and young people by joining commissioning budgets and contacting arrangements to incentivise system-wide improvement, placing ever greater emphasis on the outcomes achieved in addition to the quantity of activity delivered.
- Work closely with the Head of Joint Commissioning for Mental Health and Wellbeing to ensure alignment in commissioning for children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing with adult mental health services and particularly transitions to adulthood.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please contact Neill . Scott @ Attenti – consulting . co . uk or call 02038578550.