Social Worker - Mental Health - North London
looking for an experienced and dedicated social worker to work part-time within a mental health team based in Wandsworth. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in adult services and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum social worker job is £28ph - £30ph umbrella and is an initial 3-month contract.
- To undertake assessments of individual and carers needs and risks to encourage independence, provide support and prevent harm. This includes promoting a multi-agency approach by developing and maintaining effective working relationships
- To undertake statutory intervention where service users are deemed to be at risk, including situations where people may be neglected or abused in accordance with the Inter-Agency Policy and Procedures for Safeguarding Adults
- To work in partnership with service users and carers using a person-centred approach, with the aim of maximising independence, wellbeing and choice.
- To hold a caseload appropriate to the level of expertise and provide support and expert advice to social care assessors, students and partners.
Requirements of the social worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Must have mental health experience of working with people with dementia and older people with functional mental illness