Qualified Social Worker – Transitions Team –Northampton, Northamptonshire
3D Recruit are looking for an experienced Qualified Social Worker to join a Transitions Team based in Northampton, Northamptonshire.
The Transitions Service provides statutory social work interventions for young adults transitioning from children’s services, who meet eligibility criteria under the Care Act 2014. A significant number of young people referred to the service are in very high cost child care residential placements. The Care Act also stipulates that preparation for adulthood should begin well before the young person reaches the age of 18. It is therefore crucial that the Transitions Team are able to begin the process of co-working, and complete the adult assessment and support plan at an appropriate stage prior to the young person’s 18th birthday. This is to ensure that all steps are being taken to work in conjunction with child care colleagues to prepare the young person for adulthood, and ensure that post 18 eligible needs are met in the most cost effective and seamless manner. This also includes due consideration being given to duties under the Mental Capacity Act, and where necessary, Court of Protection applications being prepared where court authorised restrictions to liberty are required post 18, when parental responsibility ceases.
- 3 years post qualifying UK experience
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Knowledge and understanding of appropriate assessment tools and research
- Qualified Social Worker BA/DipSW/CQSW or equivalent
- Current registration with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Must be a car driver
- In-house accounts department that prides itself on paying our locums on time
- Your own dedicated consultant who will support you in finding a suitable role
- We offer a £200 refer a friend/colleague bonus *
Apply now or get in touch for more information; 01296 826120 or email nikki@3DRecruit.com
(*Terms and Conditions apply. For more information please get in touch).