Team Manager - Torbay - Children's Services -£41,846 to £44,697
Team Manager - Torbay - Children's Services - Looked After Children - £41,846 to £44,697 per annum - Full time
A fantastic vacancy is now available in Torbay Council based on the Looked After Children Team within Children's Service's. This is a great opportunity for an experienced and inspirational Team Manager to join a progressive local authority whilst developing their career.
You will be required to manage a small team of dedicated and committed social work practitioners, support good performance and robust quality assurance processes and enable staff to continually develop so that they have the skills needed to support families to build resilience and facilitate positive change. You will have a minimum of four years' post qualifying experience working with children and families, within current legislation and government initiatives. You will receive a competitive salary, subsidised parking, good administrative support and all the cutting edge technology you need to undertake this rewarding role. You will be part of an experienced and supportive management team alongside the potential to be part of our talent management programme.
Torbay is now progressing well in its improvement journey, teams are smaller and as a result staff are more effectively supervised and supported. Caseloads are manageable, there is good administrative support and a keen focus on continual professional development for experienced social workers and a specialist induction programme for all newly qualified staff.
We are particularly keen to hear from experienced leaders who are ready to move on from their current post and advance their career.
Benefits of working for Torbay include:
- Flexible working policies
- Generous leave entitlement (pro-rata), 25 days per annum rising to 30 days after five years continuous service, plus bank holidays
- Local Government Pension Scheme including life insurance cover of 3 times final salary pay
- Training and Development
- Excellent support for all staff including regular supervision
- Local and national staff discounts
- A childcare voucher scheme
- The purchase of tax free bikes.
- Staff Discount Travel Scheme
- Personal Relocation Package
As a Team Manager, You MUST be…
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A UK Driving licence holder
- Experienced in a supervisory position
To find out more about this position or to apply, please contact Zoe Davenport on 0161 974 1673 or email her at email@example.com