Are you an experienced administrator looking to develop your existing administration skills within a professional and collaborative environment?
Milton Keynes College are seeking a capable and experienced administrator who will provide administrative support to the Education Manger and the team as appropriate. As a successful Department Administrator, you will support the education department in achieving funding outcomes, ensuring that data submission is accurate and timely. You will also analyse the data and report regularly to the team.
This role involves supporting the Department Manager in the day-to-day administration and operations of the Department. The ability to work on your initiative with minimal supervision is critical to this role as much of the time you will be required to work self-sufficiently.
You will be:
Flexible and have a resilient approach
Able to maintain effectiveness under pressure
Self-motivated with the initiative to make progress without close supervision
A patient, friendly and welcoming individual
Location: HMPYOI Brinsford (Wolverhampton, WV10 7PY)
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: £14,910 - £19,525, per annum
Closing date: 17th September 2018
Milton Keynes College Rewards:
- 25 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays
- Amazing discounts with NUS card or Blue Light Card , ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Busy Bee’s childcare vouchers can save working parents up to £933 per year in a variety of registered childcare, such as Nurseries, Nannies, after school activities, Summer Camps and Breakfast Clubs up the age of 15.
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
- Plus many more…
About HMPYOI Brinsford:
HMP YOI Brinsford is a Young Adults (18-21 years) institute as well as Category C adult male prison. The Education Department works closely with prison colleagues to deliver relevant courses from Entry Level to Level 2 that help prepare learners for employment upon release. We are proud to work with our Academy colleagues who support learners from our Cleaning and Fork Lift Truck courses into employment. Through our Academy, we work closely with RMF who deliver our Step into Construction Course enabling learners to achieve their CSCS card and provide potential employment opportunities on release.
Other vocational pathways include Catering and Hospitality, Barista, Horticulture, Painting & Decorating, Carpentry & Joinery, Recycling, Industrial Cleaning and Warehousing and Storage. English and Maths Functional Skills are compulsory for rehabilitating offenders and we have provision at Entry 1 to Level 2. Creative Arts, Personal, and Social Development are also delivered as part of our varied curriculum.
As a successful candidate, you will have:
- Good basic general education including GCSE (or) equivalent) in Maths and English at Grade C or above.
- Previous role experience in administration.
- Strong planning and organisational skills to ensure all tasks are completed to deadlines
- The ability to prioritise and schedule multiple tasks
- Good IT skills with experience of word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email and internet systems
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and create and sustain effective working relationships both internally and externally
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy and methodical working
More about the College:
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.
Milton Keynes College is committed to promoting the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore require a DBS check.