Senior Workshop Instrucor/Assessor in Construction (Brickwork)
Are you a time served Builder with excellent Brickwork experience or already an NVQ Bricklayer Instructor/Assessor?
Do you have the enthusiasm, drive and ability to make a difference to students learning journey?
Are you fed up with cold winters working outside?
Does your current role lack a challenge?
Do you want guaranteed earnings, holiday pay, pension?
Do you want to work for a college with over 50 years teaching and learning experience within a friendly and professional team of specialist experts?
You will need to be able to transfer your knowledge and skills as a Bricklayer to a group of learners to national standards. Instruct, assess and support students, liaise with employers regarding current learners and identify potential new learners. Support students in the workplace and classroom environments.
You will need to be qualified in Construction/Brickwork to Level 3 Diploma/NVQ or above. If you do not hold an assessors award already, you will be willing to work towards this with the College’s support. You will also be flexible and self-motivated with a dedication to student achievement and quality. It is also essential you have a driving licence.
What we can offer you:
- A fantastic benefits package including a competitive pension scheme where the College contributes up to 19%
- 25 days’ annual leave per annum (plus Bank Holidays and up to 3 Christmas closure days)
- An onsite canteen, hair and beauty salon and nursery
- An onsite sports centre with a 50% discount for staff
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to an online discount website
Highbury College also offers extensive support to new staff including:
- Regular support and coaching throughout your first year
- A Mentor who will help you settle in to the College
- A thorough Induction programme
- Access to Learning and Development including a Free Course Voucher
- Employee Assistance Programme,
So if you think you have the technical skills, experience and passion? Then come and join a ‘Amazing College with Amazing Staff’ and drive your career forward ‘The Highbury Way’.
For further information on this role, please download the Job Description.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity - The deadline for this vacancy is 30 September 2018.
Highbury College is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. The attached Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).