Property and Environment Manager
Activate Learning Group aims to be inspirational and innovative, to foster personal development through learning and to be of value and economic significance to our communities. The Group consists of a number of Colleges, University Technical Colleges, a Studio School and an Academy School. As part of this, we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Property and Environment Manager.
You will support the delivery of fully serviced, operationally compliant and supported physical learning environments (buildings, facilities and services) delivered across Activate Learning schools, and University Technical Colleges.
You will also work with the Campus Property and Environment Managers, as well as the Schools and UTCs to deliver a customer focussed and statutorily compliant Facilities Management Services across the Activate College and school portfolio and assist in the coordination and management of wide maintenance contracts throughout our sites, ensuring each campus is adequately supported.
You can expect to be fully involved in the ongoing development of the Property and Environment team within Activate Learning and will play a fundamental role in moving us forward in these exciting times.
You will have experience of managing property and estates, preferably within the Education sector, however this is not essential. Ideally, you will be education to degree level with excellent organisational and facilities management skills. You will keep yourself abreast of all relevant legislative requirements in relation to Facilities Management and will be a member of either BIFM or RICS. NEBOSH or other Health & Safety qualification.
The position will be based at our City of Oxford College Campus, however regular travel between Group sites will be required.
Working with us offers all sorts of benefits, both professionally and personally:
- We encourage you to develop your career path and fulfil your potential
- As a learning organisation you get access to training and courses for extra qualifications
- Mentoring programmes and CPD (Continuing Professional Development) sessions are available
- We offer childcare and travel subsidies
- Cycle schemes can save you money if you travel by bike
- We are flexible and accommodating, allowing you to be as productive as possible
Working for us includes:
- Highly competitive salary with reward package to include final salary pension
- Local Government Pension Schemes
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- Priority parking for disabled staff, carers and essential car users
Activate Learning is an equal opportunities employer and we encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population. Activate Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be subject to a DBS check and other pre-employment checks relevant to the post.