Catering Customer Services Assistant (Term Time)
21 hours per week, term time
Join Wigan & Leigh College on our journey to outstanding
Continually striving for excellence and a strong Grade 2 College, Wigan & Leigh College is well underway on its journey to become Outstanding. With over 6,500 students and a turnover of £26m, the College is in a strong position to continue to move forward and grow.
The College has distinct ambitions to expand its choice of programmes and services to meet the needs of the local community and support the economic transformation of Wigan and surrounding areas.
The College has created a community that encourages all students to enhance their learning through wider opportunities and support services; to maximise their achievements and secure progression onto further study and employment.
The hours for this role will be Monday to Thursday 9.30 to 2.00pm, Friday 11am to 2.00pm,Term Time Only.
Wigan and Leigh College catering services provides high-quality catering for students, staff and visitors across 5 sites. This post will be based at Leigh College but you may be asked to work at other sites to meet business need.
The duties associated with the role will include you:
- To prepare, cook and serve a selection of hot and cold foods for a counter style service for students and staff at a busy college.
- Follow the procedures for both food hygiene and health and safety.
- Customer interaction and customer service skills including cash handling
- Retail skills for filling confectionary and drinks.
- Be part of a team that reports directly to the Deputy Head of Catering
- Good communication skills
- Good numeracy and an ability to count takings, issue change.
- Good personal presentation and personal hygiene
- An interest in hospitality and catering
- Customer service skills
The College reserves the right to interview for this post should we receive suitable candidates prior to the closing date.
To comply with legislation, you are required to obtain a DBS check for your role. We will be asking Protocol National Ltd/Esafeguarding Ltd to undertake this process on our behalf.
The College is only accepting direct applicants for this role, no agency contact is required.