Milton Keynes College are looking to appoint a creative and enthusiastic team player with outstanding industry expertise to join the team as a Commercial Stylist here at the Graduate Salon.
The position will be working with the motivated team within the school of Hairdressing, Beauty Therapy, Hospitality & Events. As the successful candidate, you will be a dynamic individual with outstanding hairdressing skills.
You will be a professional, hardworking individual with a keen interest in working with a dedicated and passionate team of professionals in our fantastic Graduate salon facility and Wahl Academy partnership.
The Graduate Hair & Beauty salon is open to the public providing a wide variety of services to clients, the salon also provides industry work experience allowing our students to learn in a creative and realistic environment and therefore understand the full client experience.
More about the rewards
- Amazing discounts with NUS card, ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Tax free child care scheme
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
- Plus many more…
As the successful candidate you will have:
- Experience working at a senior level within a commercial hairdressing salon, delivering high standards of hairdressing skills, meeting a wide range of clients' needs and requirements to include both Level 2 and 3 service techniques.
- Experience of coordinating and scheduling client bookings.
- Experience working to and exceeding commercial retail and service targets set by the Salon Commercial Manager
- Exceptional standards of hygiene and health and safety within the salons
- Proven experience of supporting with stock rotation, ordering, unpacking of delivers, security or stock, maintaining retail areas, Stock taking and audits.
- The ability to maintain all salon equipment, removing and reporting any damaged equipment through CAFM systems
- The passion to mentor and support work experience learners when working in the salon.
- Past experience of promoting salon services and products to internal and external customers.
- The ability to work to deadlines as part of a team and under your own initiative
Location: Bletchley Campus – The Graduate Salon Hours: Flexible – To include weekends and evenings as required Salary: £10 per hour – Zero Hours Contract Closing Date: Friday 21st September 2018
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 adults in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.
Jobs at Milton Keynes College - Whatever your Direction
Milton Keynes College is a committed “safer recruitment” employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.
We want to develop a more diverse workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.