Assessor in Carpentry Skills (0.3 FTE)
Do you have a passion to teach and share your knowledge and expertise with students? Join New College Stamford on our journey to excellence.
We are looking for an inspirational Assessor in Carpentry and Joinery to assess on a range of courses from Level 1 to 3 (Full Time and Apprentices) to motivate and inspire our learners to achieve their goals.
Working closely with our team of dedicated staff within our new £2.5 million new build, the successful candidate will contribute effectively to the successful learning experiences of students in the College through effective teaching that meets or exceeds College standards and results in high levels of student retention and achievement.
We are looking for someone with a Level 3 NVQ/Diploma or equivalent qualification in Carpentry and comprehensive, recent industrial experience. You must also hold an appropriate Assessor Award (A1/TQA/CAVA) or be willing to work towards one in an agreed timeframe.
The successful candidate must have experience of delivering lessons at a standard of 'Good' or above, possess excellent communication skills and be highly motivated to provide an outstanding service to our learners. Finally, you will have the proven ability to work successfully and influentially as part of a team and experience of course co-ordinating, organising, managing and delivering learningAccountabilities
- To recruit, sign up and induct learners on apprenticeships and employer engagement programmes.
- To supervise, observe and instruct students undertaking practical and vocational learning activities within the Carpentry Workshop, ensuring the on-going development of skills through effective monitoring, guidance and feedback.
- To liaise with lecturers and others in facilitating students access to and use of appropriate learning materials, equipment, resources etc.
- To identify and co-ordinate learning and assessment needs whilst planning and delivering high-quality training and assessing.
- Conduct assessment, evaluation and progress reviews as appropriate, both inside the College and in the workplace. Provide regular and purposeful reports to employers, apprentices, learners and the College so that there is a clear plan of action which is time bound for each learner and which allows completion with agreed target dates.
- Assess students by formal or informal methods as required by external examining bodies and following internal College procedures.
- Monitor learner progress and carry out student reviews as specified.
- Produce an action plan for the students, setting targets for the completion of assessments. Monitor the achievement of these targets.
- Maintain efficient record keeping and tracking systems using the systems provided and stipulated by the College and report agreed targets in a timely manner against agreed deadlines. This to include withdrawals; transfers; assessment and examination results; updating of information held in the college information system to enable the tracking of learner progress on a real time basis. Also to report this as and when required to management.
- Contribute to the assessment of internal quality assurance for students by ensuring that working practices meet the verification process and to meet with the awarding bodies as and when required.
- Contribute to the internal verification process.
- Contribute to curriculum development and advancing working practices in line with industry trends.
- To develop and strengthen supportive partnerships and alliances with stakeholders, other education providers and employers.
- To ensure that the success rates of learners are at or above the level set by the College.