Referrals Coordinator - Fostering
A national IFA require a Referrals Co-ordinator to join their large and supportive fostering team in West London
They are seeking a motivated, enthusiastic, conscientious and creative team player to join their team, coordinating the referrals received from Local Authorities and providing the best match from a pool of dedicated foster carers
This is a busy and demanding role and in this crucial role you will act as the first point of contact for Local Authorities seeking a foster care placement for a young person or child. In taking the referrals, you will be responsible not only for matching to suitable foster carers but also for liaison with our Social Workers to create packages of support.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in a fast paced administrative and customer facing role and be able to demonstrate multi tasking and decision making skills. Accuracy and communication skills, both verbal and written are key. Ideally you will have experience or understanding of a Local Authority structure and needs, particularly in the provision of services for children and young people. You will need to be able to work as part of a team as well as being self motivated, able to work independently and remain calm under pressure. You will possess a high attention to detail with good analytical skills and a logical approach to problem solving as well as being a competent user of word, excel and databases.
Essential skills and experience required:
· Experience of working in a customer service/sales and marketing or administration role
· Excellent administration skills and experience
· Experience of working with and developing new / existing customer relationships
· Excellent IT skills with an eye for detail to ensure data inputting is accurate and kept up to date at all times
· Ability to compose clear, accurate and concise documents
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Exceptional ability to prioritise workloads, analyse information and develop business and relationships
· Prior experience of working within a social care setting / an understanding of looked after children’s services would be a distinct advantage.
Salary is to £28,000 + bonus
For further information around the organisation and role and a JD, please contact Harriet Connolly on 0121 323 3720 / 07740 773499
Iris Resourcing is an unrivalled specialist resourcing partner to the looked after children’s social work sector, with a targeted focus across fostering & adoption: With a focus on permanent recruitment, we work strategically to find the ideal fit, matching experience, skills and aspirations.
If the above role is not suitable, but you are looking for a move within the sector, please do make contact to discuss what you may be looking for and other available opportunities.