Sites Standards and Maintenance Officer
Activate Learning Group aims to be inspirational and innovative, to foster personal development through learning and to be of value and economic significance to our communities. The Group consists of a number of Colleges, University Technical Colleges, a Studio School and an Academy School. As part of this we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Sites Standards and Maintenance Officer.
You will manage College Campuses, taking a lead responsibility for the operation and development of the site and facilities. As part of your role you will be leading and liaising with learners, teaching staff, group services, parents, service providers and other stakeholders to ensure that the environment is safe, stimulating, and compliant, and meets users’ requirements.
You will be responsible for delivering a fully serviced and supported environment as well as championing and implementing operating policy, ensuring best practice at all times.
No two days will be the same and you can expect to be fully involved in the ongoing development of the Property and Environment team within Activate Learning.
You will have experience of operating the site properly in line with agreed health and safety and estates management policy.
Working with us offers all sorts of benefits, both professionally and personally:
• We encourage you to develop your career path and fulfil your potential
• As a learning organisation you get access to training and courses for extra qualifications
• Mentoring programmes and CPD (Continuing Professional Development) sessions are available
• We offer childcare and travel subsidies
• Cycle schemes can save you money if you travel by bike
• We are flexible and accommodating, allowing you to be as productive as possible
Working for us includes:
• Local Government Pension Schemes
• Generous annual leave entitlements
• Priority parking for disabled staff, carers and essential car users
Activate Learning is an equal opportunities employer and we encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population. Activate Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be subject to a DBS check and other pre-employment checks relevant to the post.