Qualified Social Worker | LAC & Court Team | Somerset
Qualified Social Worker | Looked After Children & Court Team | Somerset
An experienced and Qualified Social Worker is needed to join the Looked After Children & Court Team on a locum basis.
This is an on going contract at least 3 months long offering £35 per hour.
You will be working with children and young people who reside with foster carers, kinship carers or in residential placements. You will be working alongside other professionals, to ensure that a child or young person receives appropriate care, education and health services. You will be working with children and young people who are subject to court proceedings.
- Reduced caseloads of 14-17
- You will be given £500 (inclusive of VAT) in the first month to support with rent / deposit / Bed and Breakfast fees.
- If you live in temporary accommodation you will be paid travel expenses from your permanent place of residence to temporary accommodation for 1 round trip per working week (commuting mileage rate) for the duration of the contract. This can be claimed in addition to the 1 months' accommodation incentive.
- If you do not receive the accommodation incentive, you will be paid for commuting costs from your permanent place of residence to work on a daily basis. The commutable to work distance is deemed as a maximum of 100 miles each direction.
- Flexible working is available. The preference is full-time, however you will be allowed the 10th day working at home.
- With visits that are over 100 miles you will be provided with a hire car to reduce mileage on your vehicle
To be considered you must have at least 2 years post qualified experience as a Social Worker including recent and/or significant experience in a similar statuary service, ensuring that you have good knowledge of all relevant legislation. You must also have a recognised Social Work qualification (Social Work degree / Diploma in Social Work)
Along with the above experience, interested candidates should have:
- Up to date HCPC registration
- At least 2 references from the last 5 years of employment if applicable
Please apply immediately to be considered.
Start date: ASAP
Pay rate: £35 per hour
Please apply or contact me (Ben Gentry - extension 3664) to discuss this vacancy in more detail. Caritas are a specialist recruiter of Qualified Social Work staff at all levels. If this job does not match your experience / requirements then please contact me at Caritas Recruitment to discuss other opportunities.
Caritas Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers. We supply Qualified Social Work staff to over 150 local authorities UK wide on a permanent and temporary (locum/contract) basis.
Working with Caritas Recruitment offers you a number of benefits including:
Dedicated personal and professional service
Free DBS check
CV review service
Competitive rates of pay
Post-placement follow up meetings
Refer a friend bonus scheme
*£200.00 Bonus - For every Social Worker you refer that is successfully placed
*£100.00 Bonus - For finding your own job
A supportive team who can always deal with your queries should your consultant not be available