SEND Learning Support Assistant - British Sign Language (BSL)
An all inclusive college in Oldham are looking for an SEND Learning Support Assistant to join their SEN Team for an ASAP start. The Principal is looking for someone that is competent in British Sign Language (BSL) to at least a Level 2.
The role will involve you supporting two students across the College utilising the techniques and training provided by the College and your previous experiences.
The ideal candidate must be confident within their ability using British Sign Language (BSL) as they will be working with Hearing Impaired students on a daily basis. The SENCo has mentioned that this role will allow you to work alongside her with day to day tasks and will give you a fantastic insight into working with SEND children.
Does this sound like the SEND Learning Support Assistant role for you? Do you also have experience using British Sign Language (BSL)? Yes...? Then please read on below to find out further information! - The College are keen to trial candidates at the beginning ASAP!
- SEND BSL Learning Support Assistant
- Supporting students that are partially deaf or deaf
- Utilising the use of British Sign Language (BSL)
- Working alongside the SENCo and working with Education Health Care Plans
- Long-term & full-time position
- £1,500 per month / £75 per day
- Eden Brown Pay Through The Summer scheme
- It's essential that you have previous experience using Bright Sign Language (BSL) either professionally or in your personal life
- Level 2 Teaching and Learning qualification
- Must be a caring and supportive individual that is prepared to put the children first
- Good understanding of the SEND curriculum
- DBS registered with the update service
- Graded 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- Fantastic SEND Team throughout the College
- Supportive SLT that provide all staff with additional training
- Bright & Modern classrooms
- Good Public Transport links
Apply now for a possible immediate start with this fantastic college!
Eden Brown Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All of our roles are subject to the relevant checks and procedures.
Eden Brown Education is an equal opportunities employer. For more opportunities, please visit www.edenbrowneducation.com