SEND Support Officer (Term Time Only) (18.5 hours per week)
We are currently looking for SEND Support Officer to provide daily pastoral support to all Supported Learning students who are at risk of not achieving or are unable to engage in lessons.
Ensuring swift interventions are taken to support students to be successful, you will also be expected to liaise with internal and external college staff, agencies, professionals and parent/carers to support students’ overall personal development, behaviour and welfare along with any specific Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
Working with multi-disciplinary teams around a young person with SEND and experience of working with students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities are essential for this role. For full specification requirements please refer to the job description.
In return, we offer;
- Competitive salaries.
- Enrolment into the West Midlands Pension Fund with generous employer contributions.
- Outstanding staff training and team building programme.
- ZEST is the College’s Health & Wellbeing initiative for our staff.
- Staff incentive schemes including Cycle to Work scheme and ‘Best of Walsall’ discounts.
- Simply Health care scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
- State of the art campuses with the latest industry facilities, including our Graduate Salon of Hair and Beauty and on site Little Professors’ Nursery.
- Access to ‘The Hub’ offering a Gym, Spa & Sports Clinic and The Littleton Restaurant.
We are passionate about promoting equality of opportunity and creating a working environment where diversity is recognised and celebrated and everyone has the chance to reach their full potential. Our environment is diverse in character and student population. We particularly welcome applications from candidates from Black Minority Ethnic origin and those with a disability. Walsall College is committed to safeguarding our children and young people/adults at risk of harm. We uphold fundamental British Values and expect all our employees to do the same. All appointments are subject to safer recruitment checks, including previous employment checks and an Enhanced DBS Check.