Practical Instructor - Animal Industry Skills
Job title: Practical Instructor - Animal Industry Skills
Location: Crystal Palace
Salary: £21,342 - £ £25,562 inclusive of London Weighting
Full Time: - 36 hours per week
Capel Manor College is the only College in London that aims to deliver outstanding and inspirational land-based learning opportunities across the Greater London region. Our most recent Ofsted report rated the College “good” with good effectiveness of leadership and management. Aspiring to excellence, the College has an excellent reputation for quality, is financially strong and has continuous growth in student numbers. Fundamental to the College’s forward-thinking strategy is support for the environment and food supply in Greater London and the southeast.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Practical Instructor in Animal Care
The successful candidate will deliver practical sessions for a range of students to gain industry skills within the animal care department. Providing day-to-day care for a wide range of animals kept by the College. Supporting and resourcing the teaching of animal care including maintaining practical facilities and animal areas.
Qualifications and Experience required
- Level 3 qualification or higher in an animal care discipline e.g. City & Guilds or BTEC Diploma / Extended Diploma.
- Willingness to work towards a DTTLS Teaching qualification.
- Possess a Level 2 qualification in English and Maths or a willingness to achieve within a specified period.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Experience of caring for a range of rodents, exotic animals, birds and farm-stock on a day-to-day basis
- Experience of working with learners or the public, demonstrating good principles of “Customer Focus and Care”.
Please click apply and follow the instructions on screen, all candidates will be required to fill out an online application form, if you are applying through an external job board this will be sent to your email inbox.
Closing date: 18.09.18