Finance Administrator - Income - New College Stamford
Are you interested in working for a forward thinking, innovative organisation, on a journey to excellence?
We are looking to appoint a Finance Administrator – Income to work within the Finance department. Your main responsibility will be dealing with income transactions for all revenue streams and monitoring income receipts, debt collection and student loans.
The successful candidate must have an approachable manner, exceptionally well-organised with superb communication skills to relate well to both our internal customers (young people/adults) as well as external customers (suppliers). In return we will offer an exciting and challenging role with a very supportive network of staff.
For the full job description, person specification and information on how to apply for this job please go to - NCS Recruitment Portal
Ensure the accurate and timely processing of income transactions for all revenue streams. Reconcile and monitor income receipts. Administer debt collection processes as necessary. Reconcile, collect and activation of student loan receipts due.
- All processing and organisation of the sales ledger including new customer set up, posting of sales ledger transactions (individually and through batch processing).
- Reconcile the Student Records System Fees record with the finance systems and learner support funds, ensuring all fees are invoiced and collected.
- Administer the HE, 24+ and 19+ loans system through the student loans portal, checking all details are correct, confirming attendance, notifying of any change of circumstances and analyse termly remittance.
- Produce a monthly report reconciling income types, including EFA, SFA, Projects, Commercial, and Capital etc.
- Liaise and support learners to complete the student loans applications or financial support to ensure fee obligation is met.
- Record HE Income received at department level.
- Post all remittances and cash receipts at departmental level
- Record, monitor, reconcile and post all income receipts on a monthly basis.
- Administer the on-line payment portal to ensure products / trips / fees are available to pay on-line.
- Produce from the funding report the subcontract payment due on a monthly basis
- Monthly monitoring of the Aged Debt and debt collection procedures.
- Record all internal staff development fee remission given.
- Ensure accurate records of Student Trip receipts are kept and available to tutors.
- Check, code and post the daily takings schedules received from the cashier, learner services.
- Compile bad debt listing / risks for evaluation on a termly basis
- Produce the cash takings schedule for each cash collection made
- Reconcile the daily takings posted to the cash book ledger.
- Administer, download, code and post all cash receipts received via the Merchant View system for on-line credit card receipts.
- Ensure credit card terminals are working and reconcile daily receipts.
- Liaison directly with auditors within the above areas of responsibility and ensure regulations and procedures are updated when required.
- Ensure that all financial transactions comply with the College’s Financial Regulations, procurement policy, Financial Procedures and Fees policy.
- The post holder will be expected to work flexibly across the various aspects of the Finance function when required to cover.