Hours of work: 37 hours per week
This post is fixed term to provide maternity cover until October 2019 or upon the return of the post holder, whichever is the sooner.
Salary: Scale 2/3: £16,881 - £18,165 per annum
Location: Wakefield City Campus
This is an excellent opportunity for a HR Administrator to join our supportive and experienced HR team.
Our HR department is responsible for recruiting and developing employees, whilst also handling employee relations, payroll and benefits. As HR Administrator, your duties will extend across the usual range of HR administration tasks such as the preparation of contractual change documentation, acknowledging and processing leaver details, updating and maintaining the HR System/Records as appropriate, dealing with queries and handling confidential and sensitive data/information, whilst working in line with the priorities and service expectations set out by HR department procedures.
We are looking for someone who has experience of working in a similar fast paced office environment, is forward thinking, resilient and an excellent team player.
As a HR Administrator, you should:
- Hold GCSE grade A*- C / 9 - 4 or equivalent in English and Maths
- Have advanced knowledge of office administration processes and procedures, along with high levels of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- A good degree of data processing expertise, coupled with strong IT/PC skills, spanning Outlook, MS Word, and MS Excel
- The ability to manage your own time and prioritise day to day workloads, as well as a flexible and adaptable manner, plus plenty of initiative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Child Care Vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
Internal Closing date: 11am on Monday 10 September 2018
External Closing date: 11am on Monday 17 September 2018
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed. For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification above.
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.