Marketing and Communications Officer
Marketing and Communications Officer
£31,789 to £32,683 per annum
Capel Manor College is the only College in London that aims to deliver outstanding and inspirational land-based learning opportunities across the Greater London region. Our most recent Ofsted report rated the College “good” with good effectiveness of leadership and management. Aspiring to excellence, the College has an excellent reputation for quality, is financially strong and has continuous growth in student numbers. Fundamental to the College’s forward-thinking strategy is support for the environment and food supply in Greater London and the southeast.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced marketing and communications professional to join Capel Manor College as the Marketing and Communications Officer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing and developing the marketing and communications strategies for the College and its subsidiary businesses across Greater London. You will have experience of carrying out targeted marketing campaigns utilising the full marketing mix, across multiple channels, achieving an excellent ROI. It will be important for you to understand the needs of our market and develop key messages and propositions to increase engagement with our audiences.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent with a minimum of five years’ experience in marketing and communications, ideally in FE / HE. You will play a key role in the Marketing and Communications team as we prepare to go through an exciting period of development and growth.
- Work with the Head of Marketing and Communications to ensure effective delivery and development of the marketing and communications strategies, in line with the College strategic plan
- Help manage the reputation and build general awareness of the College, its centres and subsidiary businesses to all stakeholder audiences, including prospective 14-19 year old students and adult learners
- Implement strategic marketing and communication / PR activities to achieve sustainable student recruitment against College targets
- Support and develop the brand strategy and execution, as well as digital, CRM and prospect conversion plans
- Conduct research, monitoring and evaluation activities to track marketing campaign success, media, competitors and the marketing environment, producing reports as required
- Support individual leaders and business managers to help meet their academic and business objectives
- Analyse data relating to target audiences and produce stand-out targeted marketing campaigns to guide prospective students in their education choices, and to promote other service areas
- Manage the College recruitment fair schedule and attend events to communicate directly with careers advisors, prospective students and parents about the value of Capel Manor courses
- Deliver an exemplary customer experience for prospective students, applicants, influencers, advisors, partners and colleagues
Job Experience and Skills Required
- Relevant professional accreditation to degree level or equivalent
- Minimum five years’ experience in marketing and communications with a track record of meeting targets, ideally in FE and HE
- Demonstrable experience in marketing a variety of services to a range of audiences
- Experience of effective liaison with a range stakeholders, including media agencies
- PR and media relations experience including writing press releases and negotiating with media
- Knowledge of current marketing and communications best practice
- Experience in analysing and reporting on marketing activity
- Project management experience
- Experience of managing a busy and demanding role
A list of full requirements can be found in the attached job description.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and barring list check as it is within regulated activity due to the college being defined as a ‘specified place’. The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Where applicants indicate they have a disability and meet the essential criteria in the person specification, they will be short-listed for interview.
Pension scheme is LGPS
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on ‘Apply’ and complete an online application form.
Closing date: 23 September 2018
Interviews: 1 October 2018