Lecturer in Electrical Installations
To contribute effectively to the successful learning experiences of students in the College through effective teaching that meets or exceeds College standards and results in high levels of student retention and achievement. To demonstrate a commitment to meeting the Professional Teaching Standards in support of the learner journey. To teach and assess on a range of electrical installation courses from Level 1 to 3 (Full Time and Apprentices) and possibly other related programmes. This role includes course co-ordination.
- Undertake teaching activities in the curriculum area, ensuring high quality of provision, in response to learners’ needs and in line with Professional Teaching Standards.
- Be responsible to the Head of Department and Director of Learning for an agreed teaching programme in Electrical Installation and other related areas determined within the prevailing conditions of service.
- Teach Electrical Installation programmes but may be required to teach on any other course offered by the College for which the post holder is appropriately qualified.
- Work collaboratively and innovatively with managers and colleagues to design, develop, manage and review programmes in the curriculum area.
- Develop course materials, schemes of work, group profiles etc. as required and make these available prior to course starting dates and are made available through the colleges shared information systems.
- Deliver academic tutorials to provide students with feedback on progress and formative guidance on how to improve performance to assure success.
- Ensure all Health and Safety procedures are followed and assist in the maintenance of high standards of Health and Safety throughout the department and College.
- Contribute fully to the co-ordination, development, promotion and delivery of the range of courses offered by the College as required and will promote, manage and develop appropriate short courses as led by market forces or local/national needs.
- Participate in the promotion of courses including marketing events, dealing with course enquiries and recruitment to courses, etc. in compliance with College policies.
- Work experience is an integral part of many courses and the post holder will be expected to assist in finding and monitoring work experience placements and in liaising with employers and the College to provide quality links.
- Assist in ensuring that expected standards of students’ behaviour are adhered to.
- Participate in/arrange approved student visits, trips etc as and when required in accordance with College procedures.
- Attend staff meetings, meetings with moderators/verifiers, parents' evenings, industry updating/staff development and training events etc. as required by the Head of Department/Director of Learning.
- Maintain records of work and student attendance, progress and assessment in accordance with approved procedures and will provide reports as requested by other Course Co-ordinators, Directors of Learning, Deputy Principal, Curriculum & Quality and the Principal.
- Undertake assessment and internal verification activities in accordance with the requirements of the relevant qualifications awarding bodies and the College’s internal quality assurance procedures.
- Ensure Information Learning Technology (ILT) is a driving force to create an efficient and effective working and learning environment.
- Embed within all learning activities the opportunity to improve students English and Maths.
- Regularly evaluate course inputs through course teams, staff development and student feedback.
- In accordance with the College’s quality procedures, implement and monitor the self-assessment process and ensure continuous quality improvement of standards of performance in teaching and learning.
- Adhere to College procedures in relation to all income and expenditure.